15.3.10

Way to Happy Valley

As with most of life's revelations, I got one of my favorites at a mundane moment in the peak of summer. Cruising down Mount Road, the sun beating down my back and the road letting off its heat as mirages, the saying that 'when everything's perfect, something's wrong' hit me bang in between my eyes as being so right. Since then, I've developed a respect for the many imperfections we come across in life, realizing that its the dash of' lemon', that brings out the flavor. Imperfections are like the crunch in the salad, the almonds on the ice cream, the poppy seeds on a complimentary batch of warm bread.

Perfection is magnificent. Like the balance of our universe, like the way our bodies are formed, like the seasons, like the sun, the moon, the ocean. Like the the Creator and Organizer of all these. But looking for perfection in our own lives is a guaranteed way to Unhappy Valley. Accepting imperfections (which is NOT a synonym for mediocrity) is like coloring within the lines, with an erasable crayon - takes the pressure off!

11 comments:

Rohan said...

Perfectly imperfect!!! A true oxymoron!!!

Ashika said...

Haha!

RealMrsMcNeil said...

Brilliant!

Unknown said...

Imperfections need not be called 'imperfections' its part of ur life.. ironically they r elements of perfect life..

Ashika said...

@RealMrsMcNeil
Thank you!
@Shashi
Very true, exactly the point I'm trying to make!

chandanee said...

mam its really a great thought i m really fond of ur blog

Ashika said...

@Chandanee
Hey! Thanks a lot Chandanee :)

Sr.Rosario said...

Hi neighbour!
I don't speak english well (I'm from Spain and I studied French, very normal here).Your blog format is very pretty.
Bye

Ashika said...

@Sr.Rosario
Hi you too neighbour! Or should I say, 'Hola'! Thanks for your comment, appreciate it! I use templates from http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/ and love to 'interior decorate' my blog by complementing and contrasting it with different colors (for the fonts, links etc)! Glad you like it :)

youhana said...

nice

Ashika said...

@youhana
Thanks!

Agendas and winning

When my children were toddlers, I had a quote stuck on my shelf which read, “When we lose our agendas, everybody wins.” At that time I was j...